Your boat is a beautiful investment. It’s fun, it’s functional and it’s worth protecting.
A high-quality, well-fitted boat cover is just the thing to extend the life of your boat and retain its value.
Here are 5 reasons why you need one:
- Prevent scratches and dents. Your boat is susceptible to scratching and denting when you are towing it and when it is in storage. You can help reduce this type of damage with a boat cover. A sturdy boat cover will protect your vessel from debris on the road such as flying rocks, twigs, sand and wind. When you’re out of the water or in storage, a cover will protect the surface of your boat from nearby boats, passersby and accidents.
- Prevent sun fading. The upholstery and paint on your boat holds a significant part of its value. Boats are exposed to UV radiation for long periods of time in open environments. If your boat is stored outside or kept in the sun for weeks or months, a cover will extend the look and the life of your watercraft. UV damage can cause cracking, chipping and splitting in your upholstery. It can also fade and weaken your paint job and any exposed rubber and plastic components.
- Keep debris out of your boat. Bird droppings, leaves, glass, pine cones, branches, sand, rocks—the list goes on. Anything can end up in the bottom of your boat if you don’t have a good cover. Keep the interior of your boat clean and safe with a durable, well-fitting cover.
- Protect its value. The appearance of your boat is a major part of its value. Cracked upholstery, faded paint and weather-worn components are not only inconvenient and unsightly, they also drag down the value of your watercraft. A high quality boat cover will protect your investment.
- Discourage the theft of personal items and equipment. If your boat is parked or stored in an open area, its contents are vulnerable to theft. As unfortunate as it is, casual theft occurs frequently. A boat cover won’t prevent all burglary, but it can help deter some. A snug boat cover is a significant deterrent to thieves. Rest a little easier knowing that your boat is covered and its contents protected from prying eyes.
Using a boat cover will protect your investment, and perhaps just as importantly, it will allow you to enjoy your boat more. A well-maintained boat that has been protected from exposure to sunlight and weather with a good cover will give your years of enjoyment.