We can’t give you a straight answer on this one, as every home has different awning needs. We can guide you through the pros of each type of awning and empower you to make the best decision for your home. Knowledge is power.
Think of it like this: when you buy an awning, you are really buying shade and protection from the elements. The type of awning you choose should reflect how you want to use those features.
Retractable awnings give you options. Shade and shelter when you want it. Sun and exposure when you desire it.
- Retractable awnings add diversity to your outdoor patio or deck. They provide on-demand shade that isn’t a permanent fixture on your home. You can dine outside in the shade, and enjoy the stars in the evening from the same spot.
- You can hand crank or automatically control your retractable awning. Some even come with remote controls. You can shade an entire patio in less than a minute.
- Storage at night or in the winter is essentially the same. The awning retracts and fits snugly against your home.
- The durability of fabric and mechanical components has advanced greatly in recent years, giving retractable awnings robustness and strength while making them convenient to open and close at your will.
Stationary awnings provide constant shade and protection.
- A stationary awning can be designed to be an extension of the architecture of your home. Because they are permanent fixtures, stationary awnings can have more substantial architectural features that blend into your building.
- Stationary awnings are just that: stationary. Your awning is always there, always protecting your home from solar heat gain, rain, wind and other weather.
- A permanent awnings adds character and aesthetic to your home. Awning fabrics can be customized to display nearly any color, graphic or design. A home with permanent awnings has an identity that is displayed by the fabric.
Canvas Craft installs retractable and stationary awnings on local homes. What’s more, we’ll consult with you to find out which type of awning is best for you. Our awnings are made in Minnesota and meet our standards of excellence. We’ve been helping homeowners reduce their cooling costs, protect the interior of their homes and provide pleasantly shaded outdoor areas for years. We even perform our own metal fabrication with a team of in-house engineers, manufacturers and specialists to help keep as much of our process local as possible.